Main areas of operation:
- Research and development, education in the field of hydrogen technologies
- Building a positive public opinion about hydrogen among the general public
- Promoting the use of hydrogen-based technologies in energy, transport, industry and households
- Identification of suitable business models of hydrogen utilization in the conditions of Slovakia
- Identification of barriers for better integration of hydrogen into the energy system of Slovakia
- Active involvement in creation
- Commenting on national policies to promote hydrogen in line with European policy
- Supporting cities and regions in introducing progressive and carbon-free hydrogen technologies
- Communication with the European Commission and European hydrogen agencies with the aim to exchange information and engage in international projects
- Cooperation with related associations in order to find synergies and mutual support in the modernization of the economic sector and strengthening the environmental feelings of the population of Slovakia
The current trend in energy is to gradually increase the efficiency of energy processes, actively seek for new sources and at the same time bring environmentally friendly possibilities of use.
Hydrogen can provide answers to current energy questions, including the depletion of fossil fuels, the search for a new suitable alternative as a fuel, especially in the field of transport, the accumulation of electricity produced from renewable sources and the elimination of greenhouse gases. Thus, hydrogen is an option that offers a solution.
The National Hydrogen Association (NVAS) was established in 2015 as a joint initiative of natural and legal entities in order to support research, implementation and use of new technologies that actively use hydrogen and fuel cells.
The National Hydrogen Association supports hydrogen technologies in the transition to low-carbon economies. NVAS defined two main goals when it was established.
- As a professional association, it will play a key role in the implementation of best practices in the Slovak Republic and shape effective public policy.
- The second key role of the association is to be a benefit to its members in terms of prompt delivery of reports on regulatory decisions, new policies and technologies in the field of hydrogen and fuel cells.
Following the example of Hydrogen Europe by the National hydrogen association plays an important role in the preparation of new legislation and contributes to the transformation of the Slovak energetics, industry and transport to low-carbon.
Besides drafting of legislation, the National hydrogen association also acts as a trade association, which associates representatives of various sectors such as industry or research and science, and thus creates the conditions for the development of mutual cooperation.
In this case, the National hydrogen association plays a key role in promoting best practices and new research and technological knowledge from both domestic and global environments. At the same time, it offers the possibility of building and sharing a network of potential business and professional partners for its members.
The National hydrogen association is a member of Hydrogen Europe and cooperates with Fuel Cell Joint Undertaking (FCH JU), which enables public-private partnerships at European Union level in the field of industrial research. The Joint venture shall prepare its own strategic research program and fund projects selected on a basis of calls for proposals, applying the rules for participation in the horizon. The advantage of such cooperation is the possibility to apply for financial support under Horizon 2020 with a budget of 1.33 billion EU.